PDA

View Full Version : Can't we all just get along?

cherinyc
10-04-2006, 11:28 AM
beware of how you treat your neighbors!!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/ventcover.asp

bikerchick68
10-04-2006, 12:00 PM
:eek: :D now THAT is funny! :p

Duck on Wheels
10-04-2006, 12:10 PM
uh oh. I just asked the neighbors to take down a tree that's become a nuisance to the rest of us. Well ... not the neighbors exactly. Turned out the guy I talked to was the architect working on the new development that two new owners (next door and next house beyond that again) are working on. The owner of the one next door has meanwhile gone broke, so there will likely be another new owner eventually. Luckily, the architect agreed with me that the tree was waaaaay to big for the little corner it stands on right by our fenceline, doesn't work esthetically (which seemed to be the architect's main concern) and also is a nuisance tree (platan maple -- gazillions of seedlings we have to weed out every Spring, sticky drips on any car parked beneath it, leaves clog up the drainspouts at 2nd story level, totally shades our south-facing deck which could otherwise be a good summer breakfast spot, and totally robs the neighbors across the street of their only view of the fjord). He said he'll see it's taken down, and shook hands on that. Now I just have to watch that they don't put in a "cactus" when they redo the windows facing our deck. :eek:

alpinerabbit
10-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Not only did my parents' neighbors make them cut down a 20 year old pine tree (if it exceeds the measurements, but no-one says anything for 5 years or more, it is "acceptable"). Now their gardener stole some ornamental rocks from our garden when remodeling theirs.

what the heck??? give me that flippin' facade ornament.

Duck on Wheels
10-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, I'm kinda pissed that the new owners pulled down a grand (but sadly neglected) old apple tree in that yard. The new owners want to build 3 new units there (well, we'll see about that!). This maple, however, is just a wild seedling that got left unweeded too long because the former owners were too sick to keep up the garden and too recluse to ask for help. It's even a danger to their foundations, so it's gotta go. But yeah, trees can be a sore point amongst neighbors. We'll try to keep things friendly. I haven't made any legal moves to demand that the tree be taken out, just asked politely and iformally if they could do it as a favour while they're remodelling the whole place. As for stealing ornamentals ... I wonder if the cracked toilet they've left standing out there the past 3 months is considered ornamental, or if I can chuck in the next dumpster I see parked nearby?