PDA

View Full Version : D*mn Tendons...

makbike
10-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I've logged nearly 5000 miles for the year without any problems and am now off the bike for the week due to tendinitis in the three tendons on the medial aspect of my ankle (flexor hallucis longus, flexor digital longus and tibialis posterior). It seems my left leg is 1/4" shorter than my right and the 87 miles I rode on my recumbent on 9/23 flared things up in my ankle. My chiropractor adjusted my hips so hopefully my legs are now the same length, gave me a bandage to wear on my ankle, told me my arches are falling (more good news :mad: ), sent me home with exercises to do, has me icing my ankle as much as I can each day and told me to take an NSAID to help pull some of the inflammation out of these tendons. He did tell me I could ride as long as my ankle did not hurt so I took my DF out for spin yesterday - a big mistake it appears. My ankle did not hurt during the ride but it managed to keep me up throughout the night. I found a prescription (Mobic) my foot doctor gave me last year when my achilles tendon was acting up and I started it last night. Unfortunately, I only had four doses so I had to see him today for a new script. He advised me to stay off the bike this week. He sent me home with some arch inserts and told me to continue what the chiropractor had advised. There is a century on Sunday I really want to ride so I'm off the bike for the week hoping things will heal in my ankle, quickly! It is 80 F outside, skies are blue, winds are light and I'm in my house -it is driving me crazy and I can only image what I'll be like by the end of the week with no time on my bike. If anyone has any magic and rapid cures please feel free to share them for I'm feeling pretty blue right now and I really want to ride on Sunday with the club.

Marcie

CyclChyk
10-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I wish I had a magic wand to make it better, but being a sufferer of tendonitis myself, I hate to say that I think you are just gonna have to let it heal.

Just wanted to say, "Hang in there!"

spokewench
10-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Tendonitis is the hardest, most frustrating and longest healing thing in the world! Have patience, try to rest as much as possible! I'm never very good and quitting everything completely for tendonitis, but all that does it extend the time for healing I'm afraid.

Hang in there!

spoke

Bikingmomof3
10-03-2006, 12:23 PM
I am sorry you are going through this. It will take time to heal. Hang in there.