PDA

View Full Version : 2007 SUB range is out!!!

light_sabe_r
10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
OMIGAWD! I'm obsessed with getting a road bike now... BF and I road past riders in the city and BAM! There in the front window is this bright pink road bike!!!!

I stared at it for a minute and then realisised it's the 2007 version of my dream fitted bike! The SarahUlmerBrand (SUB) Zero.2!!! How did I know that?? The Brighter Pink "woman" symbol painted on the front half of the frame!

SUB's website hasn't been updated yet so I can't show you a photo yet, but it's CHEAPER than last year, but still runs shimano 105s, but has updated the carbon chainstay to a wishbone design rather than a straight. This has GREATLY imprroved the ride compared to last years model. Oh yeah and it has the usual carbon fork! AND it comes with a sella italia seat (which is still the best road bike seat I've tried so far... even if it's white...)

I tore into the shop, checked the price tag and took it for a spin.

OMIGAWD! the ride was just as sweet as the last one I tested out! It was BEAUTIFUL!

Believe it or not That day I'd also tried out a Bianchi Dama Veloce. Really pretty frame design but I had a LOT of problems with getting on and off it... It was difficult to handle and yeah... Not really me. REALLY dissappointed BF when I said I didn't like it cause he rides a Bianchi and was hoping I'd ride one too.

BF asked the SUB salesman "Sooo... Is there another brand of women's bike she should be looking at? Like Giant OCR?"

"Nah mate, all they change it their colour and label it women's; Sub and Avanti have actually made changes. Hell my wife rides one of these and she loves it!"

Now I said I thought the handlebars were too wide... the reach was fine but I felt like I was flying, They'd change it for the next size down no charge and still throw in a pair shoes and cleats!

O_O SPECIALIZED!

Okay so I'm JUST about ready to buy... Does anyone have a spare AUD1900 lying around?

Thistle
10-01-2006, 03:34 PM
OMIGAWD! There in the front window is this bright pink road bike!!!!

I stared at it for a minute and then realisised it's the 2007 version of my dream fitted bike! The SarahUlmerBrand (SUB) Zero.2!!! How did I know that?? The Brighter Pink "woman" symbol painted on the front half of the frame!

but it's CHEAPER than last year, AND it comes with a sella italia seat (which is still the best road bike seat I've tried so far... even if it's white...)

OMIGAWD! the ride was just as sweet as the last one I tested out! It was BEAUTIFUL!

They'd change it for the next size down no charge and still throw in a pair shoes and cleats!

O_O SPECIALIZED!

Okay so I'm JUST about ready to buy... Does anyone have a spare AUD1900 lying around?

uh oh :D :D :D :D

light_sabr_r... there are some things in life you just NEED :D :D and this is one of them :D

I think you NEED this bike :D I just think you NEED the bike :D Did i mention that you NEED this bike? :D

and i wanna see a picture of you with it when you get it, cos this sounds like true love ;)

CyclChyk
10-01-2006, 04:06 PM
you work, you sleep, you pay taxes, and you die. Somewhere between all that there's gotta be stuff to make it all worth while and the ride a little sweeter.

Sounds like that bike is gonna make your ride a little sweeter. I say GO FOR IT!

light_sabe_r
10-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Sarah Ulmer finally updated her site. She also has some pretty sweet gear this season!

BUT most importatly here's the bike! YAY!!!

http://www.sarahulmerbrand.com/Bike&Wear/images/Jpegs/Subzero%202%20Pink.jpg

Deposit is going on her this Thursday (PAY DAY)

Sarah's also upgraded the SUBZERO PRO to a full carbon frame (it's soooooo sweet) and the SUB ROSA is just a beautiful machine that I'd buy if I ever win the lottery. :P I'm loving those ZIPP wheels.

check it out at http://www.sarahulmerbrand.com/Bike&Wear/bike_index.asp

emily_in_nc
10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Oh my! That's stunning. I don't even want to ask how much....

snapdragen
10-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Dang. Wonder if they'll ship to California........

Thistle
10-23-2006, 02:11 PM
BUT most importatly here's the bike! YAY!!!

http://www.sarahulmerbrand.com/Bike&Wear/images/Jpegs/Subzero%202%20Pink.jpg

Deposit is going on her this Thursday (PAY DAY)

Good on ya Light... life's too short to miss out on something you love that much :D I saw one in the lbs on sun... omg... now i want another bike!

chickwhorips
10-23-2006, 03:24 PM
ooooohhhhh!! purdy! enjoy her for me too!

snap if they ship to california, think you'll turn around and ship one to alaska?

snapdragen
10-23-2006, 05:03 PM
That would give me an excuse to go back to AK! (Like I really need one....)

ooooohhhhh!! purdy! enjoy her for me too!

snap if they ship to california, think you'll turn around and ship one to alaska?

chickwhorips
10-23-2006, 05:16 PM
That would give me an excuse to go back to AK! (Like I really need one....)

hand delivered! even better!

spokewench
10-24-2006, 09:59 AM
That's beautiful - Pink (in southern Arizona) is going to be jealous!

:)