PDA

View Full Version : Worm Ride

penster
03-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Don't know if any of you get to encounter this, but every spring, as the water is coming out of the ground, our earth worms surface too. Sometimes, after a big rain, the worms are everywhere - and they often slither along out into the road. This particuarly morning, my friend and I were doing our usual ride, and mentioned that we had seen quite alot of worms, but when we stopped at the turn, I happened to glance down at my brake pads, and of course, gobs of worms...worms where under the frame, on the frame, on the tires, on the chain, on the water bottles, and even up under the seat! Yuck...fast ride home to clean up the bike! I just hate worms! :D

Adventure Girl
03-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Isn't this supposed to be a "humor" thread... Ick!! That's just icky!! When I mountain bike, I like getting dirty and muddy, and I don't smell that great. But deep inside, I think I'm kind of girly. Worms are yucky! Dead worms that you have to wash off your bike are just gross!

annie
03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
LOL, Penster! I got a good laugh out of your worm story....... I've done some "worm rides" myself. It happens often enough that we actually call them worm rides. You really have to clean the bike thoroughly or you find dried worm days later and that is REALLY difficult to clean off. Icky, too! (Actually, worms, of the earthworm variety, at least, don't bother me.) They smell after while so its a good idea to clean them off as quickly as possible.

Adventure Girl
03-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by annie
They smell after while so its a good idea to clean them off as quickly as possible.

I agree that they smell! I can remember as a little girl that the smell made me sick! I have tried to convince my husband that I can smell worms, but he thinks I'm crazy!:rolleyes: