PDA

View Full Version : I need a little neighborly help

HipGnosis6
09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
So.... I'm 31 years old and have to bow and scrape to my mother. I'm OK with it right now, because she's begrudgingly financally supporting me while I'm out of work. Well, I landed a temp gig that'll run until November. Much to my suprise, Mother OK'ed spending the money to fix the bike. It's going to run me around $100.

Here's the catch - I need to get the bike to the shop. I'm without car, and my usual source of transportation went byebye when my boyfriend left me. Would any of you local ladies be able to help me get the Sirrus to Recycled Cycles this weekend?

KnottedYet
09-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Yes.

Sent you a PM.

HipGnosis6
09-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

You are teh awesome.

Xrayted
09-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Great news about getting the bike fixed. Very nice of Knotted to help you out. If ya need anything that an easterner can do for ya, just holler.

Already, things are starting to go your way. Now... how's it coming with the financial aide people? Keep on their cases - be a PITA if ya gotta. (Just be a nice PITA. :D )

Good luck!

cindy

KnottedYet
09-30-2006, 04:28 PM
We got her bike to the tender care of Recycled Cycles, and they checked her frame and pulled out a new wheel. Expect the bike to be ready to roll within the week!

don't forget the Seattle TE ride this October! (HipGnosis6 is organizing it)

HipGnosis6
10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
The guys at Recycled Cycles had my bike done WAY early (they said Saturday the 7th but they called at 4 and said it was done). So my dad called and volunteered to help me pick it up and by "help pick it up" he meant "pay for it". My dad's never done a supportive or helpful thing for me in his life. You could knock me over with a feather.

Welcome home, Sirrus...

And the October ride is on! Yay!

colby
10-03-2006, 07:38 PM
The guys at Recycled Cycles had my bike done WAY early (they said Saturday the 7th but they called at 4 and said it was done). So my dad called and volunteered to help me pick it up and by "help pick it up" he meant "pay for it". My dad's never done a supportive or helpful thing for me in his life. You could knock me over with a feather.

Welcome home, Sirrus...

And the October ride is on! Yay!

So, maybe your luck IS changing ;) Congrats!

Xrayted
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Congrats! (and bless your Dad's heart!) So happy for you!

And a big WOOOOOO! to Knotted for getting your trusty steed there safely. TE'ers are the best!

-X.