PDA

View Full Version : My Eyeball tastes like grape kool aid!

Veronica
09-29-2006, 05:06 PM
My gummy eye ball that is. :p

Kinda gross, but my class will love them.

V.

Xrayted
09-29-2006, 05:54 PM
I read a lot of your posts. You're very creative. Why didn't I have teachers like you when I was growing up?

Here's one... One time I made eyeballs for my nephews' 9th b-days. (3 of them born w/in 2 months of each other. They're 19 now!) I took plastic easter eggs (split in 1/2's), put a mini M&M in bottom of each one, then poured a tiny amount of blue jello in for the iris, let chill in frig. until hard. (A trick is to let the blue jello cool just a little before adding so it doesn't melt the M&M.) Then I poured in cooked vanilla pudding for the white of the eye (still warm - with unflavored gelatin mixed in so it gets stiff too - I think about 1 1/2 packets of gelatin per box of pudding) and let it chill in frig.
I used empty egg cartons to hold them so they didn't roll over and spill while hardening up. Then I popped them out and into a bowl. (looking out at us of course. Is there any other way to stack eyeballs? ;) ) I got a tube of red gel like you use to write on a cake with and squirted "blood" all over the eyes. Totally gross and disgusting... they loved it!

They actually taste pretty good too - and feel just like slimey eyeballs should. :D (What can I say... I grew up with 4 older brothers. The only girl. Of course I'm twisted.)

Have fun!

Cindy

Bikingmomof3
09-29-2006, 07:23 PM
My boys will love these.

DirtDiva
09-30-2006, 03:30 AM
That's got to be one of the more intriguing thread titles of the week... :D