PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to motorists who dislike cyclists

java
09-29-2006, 03:13 PM
I just found this link as posted to our local club forum and thought it worth posting here, too.

http://crazybikerchick.blogspot.com/2006/09/things-non-cyclist-might-not.html

Geonz
09-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Definitely! I'm going to be borrowing some of the ideas for my letter to the editor... we've had a recent fatality (and it's a small town, people notice) and there's people thinking, at leats for now, and I know some of them are still thinking "but gosh, why was he on the road??" (not that there is a sidewalk there... but still that "he should have known better, cars are dangerous!" complacency)

Cassandra_Cain
10-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Excellent reference.

Thanks for posting it~

Squeaky
10-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Good letter. In the short amount of time that I have been riding on the roads, I'm amazed not only at how dangerous drivers are towards me, but to themselves and other drivers. They are in such a hurry to get past me that they almost get in head on collisions with oncoming traffic. Maybe I'll carry copies of that letter with me, and hand them out to these drivers when I eventually catch up with them.

emily_in_nc
10-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Great letter.

If only.... :(

~Emily

roshelleuop
10-02-2006, 07:47 AM
I love it!!! I should print it out and keep in my jersey to pass out to folks that share "their" comments when sitting at a red light!!!!

RoadRaven
10-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for this link Java
I will post it in my local clubs message board
:)

CorsairMac
10-03-2006, 10:42 AM
and thank you crazybiker for "thanking" the kind drivers. I was nodding my head and agreeing with everything she wrote having been there, done that but I was very impressed that she took the time to thank the drivers out there that Are aware of us, and do respect our rights and do treat us with kindness without stupidity ie: stopping to let me go even tho I don't have right of way and by stopping a potentially more dangerous situation has just now occurred. My friend and I kid each other about us being "urban commando cyclists" but you really Do have to be that hyper-aware to commute very day on busy streets. Good article.