PDA

View Full Version : Tortill Chips--maybe not such a good idea in hindsight

limewave
09-29-2006, 12:01 PM
My cupboards are pathetically bare as I haven't gone grocery shopping in ages. Fortunately, I found DH had left a fresh bag of tortilla chips and some keebler elves cookies. They looked so lonely on the shelf by themselves, so I thought they would make a good lunch--tortilla chips are made of corn, right?

About an hour later I headed out for an 8 mile run. Dang, I felt good. Then, around mile 4 my tummy started to turn a little. At mile five it turned a lot. And, well, at mile 6 I was revisited by the corn chips.

Do I still have to count them as part of my calories today?

Bluetree
09-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I dunno, Limewave, but I had that happen during one of my first brick workouts. Bleh! I sympathise!

Note: Clif bars taste better the first time around.

rocknrollgirl
09-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I HATE barfing. I have a really sensitive stomach when I run, so the thought of that combo is giving me the willies.....

Ruth

chickwhorips
09-29-2006, 02:37 PM
a glass of OJ on an empty tummy before a run isn't good either. sure does burn.

if it were me i would count about 1/4 of those calories twds your daily intake.

what i can't believe is you had the chips over the cookies!

Bikingmomof3
09-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry about that limewave. No, they do not count, you did not have enough time to "absorb" them. I hate barfing, I am sorry it happened during your run.

CyclChyk
09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
I think I would rather someone rips my fingernails out than Barf.........

its the worst.

colby
09-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Eek! This is why I pretty much refuse to eat before I run. One day I was heading out on a 6-mile run and it was going to be a few hours before I could go, so I had a couple of waffles. I felt yucky the whole time, and you would think the fuel would have done me good. Now I make sure I can run in the mornings on an empty stomach. Sometimes even gels feel like they are going to cause a riot, but they always always stay down.

Note to self: no corn chips. Those keebler elves sure are tasty, though!

Sorry you had to experience it, LW. :eek:

Grog
09-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Sorry about that LW, it sure is awful!

For some reason I find my stomach much worse when totally empty than when I've eaten a bit though (not sure about corn chips + cookies!!). When I run first thing in the morning it's like all my inner organs are banging against each other!!

kaybee
09-30-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree with Colby. Food and running do not mix. Anytime.

KB