PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Cramp

NJBikeGal
09-28-2006, 07:50 AM
I figured that with all the knowledgable ladies in this forum, that someone might be able to help me with this! EVERY time I run, I get a cramp in the exact same place (lower right-hand abdomen, just under and sometimes behind rib cage). I am not eating or drinking a lot (if anything) prior to runs. This morning, I got up, stretched, and ran. Ate and drank water when I got back. It starts about 2 miles in and doesn't go away until I finish the run. I'm starting to get concerned that it might be something internal trying to "talk" to me. Any ideas? Thanks!

mimitabby
09-28-2006, 07:55 AM
It sounds like you aren't breathing right. If you take nice deep breaths
it should go away.

rocknrollgirl
09-28-2006, 08:34 AM
It is your diaphragm, it is a spasm caused by breathing.....

Deborajen
09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
That's happened to me a couple of times, but it's been early in the run when I've tried to start out too fast. Starting easy and then speeding up did the trick. Don't know if that will help your situation since it happens later in the run, but a few minutes of warm-up walking/jogging before you actually start the run might help prepare your lungs for the extra work.

Deb

RoadRaven
09-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I know little about running (in fact, I don't run since being told 20 years ago that I run like a bear - the shamble of them, not the speed...)

However, my partner gets cramp when he has too much sugar in his diet...