PDA

View Full Version : Full Suspension Baby!!!

Artisan
09-27-2006, 04:07 PM
WOW, If I had only known what it felt like...I never rode a full suspension before tonight, talk about a smooth ride. The bike store got my bike in today and I actually got to help put it together with my husband. Of course the bike mechanic/store owners did the final adjustments. :D Got it home and I was riding off the deck onto the street, hopping up on curbs and it all felt so easy. I can't wait to try it on the trails this weekend.

kerrybelle
09-27-2006, 04:39 PM
How exciting! You'll have to post a picture. What bike did you get?

Kerry

Artisan
09-27-2006, 05:27 PM
This isn't the best pic, it's dark and I'm using my camera phone but I want to show her off. I just hope I did the link correctly.

http://home.houston.rr.com/enchantingart/myfullie.jpg

Artisan
09-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Ok...If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong with the picture posting, I'd sure appreciate it. Obviously my staring at it for a half hour trying to figure it out isn't fixing it...:rolleyes:

emily_in_nc
09-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Ok...If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong with the picture posting, I'd sure appreciate it. Obviously my staring at it for a half hour trying to figure it out isn't fixing it...:rolleyes:

Hi ~

Instead of pasting the URL directly into your post, click on the little chain link with globe above the posting text box. A little pop-up entry box will appear. Put the URL in that box, hit enter, and it will be pasted correctly into your post. If you do a "preview post" before you do "submit reply", you can make sure it is posted correct (underlined, no brackets) in the resulting post.

Can't wait to see your fullie! I luuuuurrrrrve mine too - what a difference from a hardtail, no? :D

Emily

P.S. Wow, this is my 1000th post - cool!!!!

Artisan
09-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Thank you Emily for the directions on how to post the picture! Yes, I am amazed how different riding the full suspension is compared to the hardtail. I thought I could not love bike riding more than I already did...I tell you I was soooo wrong! This bike just feels like it belongs under me.

Congrats on your 1000th post! :D

emily_in_nc
09-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey, glad I could help. Your bike is gawgeous! My favorite colors!!!

Enjoy it - you will, you will! :D

~Emily

fatbottomedgurl
09-29-2006, 07:42 AM
I looove my fully too. I am riding stuff now that made my teeth rattle before. And boy can I go faster! Congrats!

gnarwhal
10-01-2006, 07:28 AM
does your bike only have a single side front shock type fork effort...that's amazing. How does it ride - i'm captivated by that idea now...! :eek:

Artisan
10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
does your bike only have a single side front shock type fork effort...that's amazing. How does it ride - i'm captivated by that idea now...! :eek:

Yes, it's called a lefty, it gives you 110 mm of travel and is lighter weight. How does it ride....I love it, I've taken it to two different trails this weekend. The first trail was very rooty and sandy, the other trail lots of fast switchbacks, it handles everything like a dream. :D

The bike is a cannondale rush feminine. I'm so glad I went with WSD, I couldn't be happier with this bike. Though, I should mention that the bike came with eggbeater pedals, after the first ride I changed over to spd's. The Eggbeaters had too much float and not enough of a quick release for me.

fatbottomedgurl
10-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I rode w/ a bunch of guys recently. One said he recently saw a one-legged cyclist. I asked if she was named Eileen and if she rode a lefty. Okay I'm sick, I know (hang head).

Oh, on a two-legged fork the left side provides the shock absorption and the ride leg provides the lock out. On the lefty these are combined into one unit.

Pebble
10-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Nice Bike!

I got my first dually a few months back, and it's fantastic compared to my then 5yr old hardrock comp. Definitely smooths out the trail and makes the ride way more comfortable. But then I've never ridden a hardtail with a really good fork up front, I imagine that could be "almost" as good as a dually.

Now you'll be trying to push the limits to find out how much it takes to use up all the travel :D

A 2 foot drop a couple of weeks ago (my first real sizeable one) is finally when I used about 98% of my travel - compared to the 80% or less on normal rides:)

ima_bleeder
10-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I test rode a FS, and loved it, but I've been having enough trouble dragging my own sorry @$$ up these hills. So instead I settled on a lighter HT. True, I could shave a few pounds off my body ... but that's turning out to be much more difficult.

I love my Niner dearly. She's a 29er, and the bigger (29") wheels make the roots and rocks feel a lot smaller. That and the front suspension make for great handling, and the thudbuster seat post takes the hurt off my fanny. Eventually I'll get around to loading up a decent picture.

SalsaMTB
10-06-2006, 02:58 AM
While at Interbike, I test rode a bunch of FS and fell in love. I currently have a custom hardtail, but now I'm lusting for a full susp. It makes it such a smooth ride. I def. feel weight is worth the sacrifice.

spokewench
10-06-2006, 08:14 AM
I ride a Specialized light weight M2 FS - it is old now, love it love it! It is very rocky where I live.

When I moved here, I rode a Klein (made in USA) aluminum, stiff, stiff, stiff hard tail (with a front suspension fork). VERY LIGHT WEIGHT.

Even with the big weight difference, I can ride more uphill on my FS. Why? Because the traction is better with a FS and the bike doesn't get deflected at every bump and rock so you go straight, don't bounce around an stick to the ground better! I didn't understand that part of the FS thing until I rode one and now I wouldn't go back for anything

jan