PDA

View Full Version : They're Here!! Bicycle Chain Tattoos

doc
09-26-2006, 10:05 AM
They are finally here :D . The bicycle chain tattoos I designed have arrived. If you are interested in buying any, just send me a pm.

Cost: 4 / $10 or 10 / $20. No charge for shipping. I will be using regular envelopes and first class US mail.

They are 9" long so they fit even the most macho man's bicep. Can be easily cut shorter to fit ankle. Uncut it fit my bicep well. That's me in the second picture. :) (DH in both)

doc
09-26-2006, 12:23 PM
OK. I've gotten lots of questions that I wasn't ready for. Here are some answers:

Paypal payment would be best. For now all you need to know is my email address. I will pm it to anyone who wants it. I might set up a paypal site in the future.

Outside the US Send me a pm, I'll check the shipping cost, and then pay me through paypal.

Each tattoo has application and removal instructions on it.

Lasts 6 days, or so they say. At the 24 hour mark mine still looks brand new. I'll keep you updated.

KnottedYet
09-26-2006, 01:01 PM
I don't have paypal. I am distraught.

silver
09-26-2006, 02:12 PM
I'd like to order some but I don't use pm.

Can you email me?

ETSterling<atsign>yahoo.com

<atsign> is used for @

thank you.

Bad JuJu
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Anybody can use pm here on these forums. Click on doc's name above her avatar, then choose "Send a private message to doc." Hope this helps.:)

doc
09-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Also, almost anyone can use paypal. I think it works in something like 55 countries. Just go to paypal.com. Choose "send money". Then all you need is my email address and I'll get the money. Cool isn't it?

KnottedYet
09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I want 10. I'm gonna try to set up a paypal account. If it works I'll pm you for your addy, etc.

doc, you have some nice arms... dang! I want muscles like that!

doc
09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I want 10. I'm gonna try to set up a paypal account. If it works I'll pm you for your addy, etc.

doc, you have some nice arms... dang! I want muscles like that!

Thank you (blush blush).

If you can't set up paypal, pm me and we can talk. Or as I used to say in the northeast, tawk.

pooks
09-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Those are the coolest things!

I'm considering ordering some -- then it hit me, the irony if not silliness of me wearing a chain tattoo when my bike doesn't have chains!

Hmmm. Must give this some thought!

doc
09-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Those are the coolest things!

I'm considering ordering some -- then it hit me, the irony if not silliness of me wearing a chain tattoo when my bike doesn't have chains!

Hmmm. Must give this some thought!

How is it that your bicycle doesn't have a chain?

pooks
09-28-2006, 07:32 AM
It's shaft drive:

http://dynamicbicycles.com/

doc
09-28-2006, 07:47 AM
It's shaft drive:

http://dynamicbicycles.com/

How incredibly cool! I never heard of that. What will they think of next?

pooks
09-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Actually it's old technology. Supposedly this technology existed before the chain drive, and this is what Henry Ford used when developing ... well, whatever he developed that had to do with this stuff!

Most people will tell you that it's less efficient; of course the website says it's more. I dunno. My husband had his heart set on them (less maintenance and geeky cool) and that's what we got! We haven't any other bikes to compare them to.

doc
09-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Tattoo looks decent. Not perfect. I shower daily, but I was careful not to scrub it.

KnottedYet
09-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Golly! Will you LOOK at those arms!!!

How do you do it?

And the tattoo is very nice, even on day 4. Maybe I should get 20. :D

Have folks seen your chain? Have you gotten any comments on it?

emily_in_nc
09-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Okay, stupid question here, but how do these go on? I must confess I've never used a temporary tatoo before (nor do I have any of the permanent variety!)

These are cool, though; I'd kinda like to flash one at the gym as I do my upper-body workout. Just wondering how they work and how hard they are to apply.

Thanks!
Emily

doc
09-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Golly! Will you LOOK at those arms!!!

How do you do it?

And the tattoo is very nice, even on day 4. Maybe I should get 20. :D

Have folks seen your chain? Have you gotten any comments on it?

I have fooled many people. The nurses in the hospital all thought it was real. Many friends have said "Oh my god, is that real???" Knowing I am so NOT the real tattoo type.

Okay, stupid question here, but how do these go on? I must confess I've never used a temporary tatoo before (nor do I have any of the permanent variety!)

These are cool, though; I'd kinda like to flash one at the gym as I do my upper-body workout. Just wondering how they work and how hard they are to apply.

Thanks!
Emily

Directions for application and removal are on the back of each tattoo. To apply you put the paper face down on your body (must be a hairless spot) and hold a soaking wet washcloth over it for 30 seconds. Then peel the paper away and voila - tattoo.

hansen_aa
04-08-2008, 08:07 AM
These are GREAT! Are these still available? If so, how fast can you get them to Houston, TX? By this Friday the 11th of April (2008)? I would love to get some for my team for a ride this weekend, but of course we understand if it's not possible.

Meg McKilty
04-08-2008, 12:17 PM
No, seriously doc, what kind of arm workouts are you doing?

doc
04-09-2008, 05:09 AM
These are GREAT! Are these still available? If so, how fast can you get them to Houston, TX? By this Friday the 11th of April (2008)? I would love to get some for my team for a ride this weekend, but of course we understand if it's not possible.

Sorry. I am away on business. Won't be able to mail any until next monday. Hubby definitely is not getting involved! Just head to paypal if you're still interested anyway.

As far as arm workouts go... I'm a free weights kinda girl. Ranging between 10lbs for lateral raises to 20lbs for tricep work. Thanks, I never mind a compliment!

Blueberry
04-09-2008, 05:53 AM
doc!!!!

Glad to see you back!!!

CA

indigoiis
04-09-2008, 12:10 PM
It's funny, cuz a chain tatoo is exactly what I get on my right calf in summertime. :P

alpinerabbit
04-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Would you send overseas? How much extra?

Tiffany
04-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey Doc, PM your email address so I can get some money to you. I would like 10 please. :) Those things are the shizzle. And nice arms, BTW. I am totally an arm girl and I'm impressed!!!

Tokie
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Doc, I wonder if TE would be interested in selling your temporary tattoos? Or Terry? They are pretty cute! Tokie

welchbiker
07-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey doc - these temp tattoos look awesome. Are they still for sale? I'd love to get 10 of them for me and some biking friends!