PDA

View Full Version : Way early...Something to do with christmas

crazycanuck
09-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Hey ladies,

On a music board i visit we have a christmas card exchange. It's pretty self explanatory-you get a list of addresses of people from the board who are interested and you send as many cards as you like or not as many cards as you like. (you know what i mean).

If you're interested in doing one on TE, please let me know. ATM I just want to get the idea out there for now.

I won't collect any names/addresses until oct 15th (my dad/gf leave then)

Thanks
:)

c

LBTC
09-22-2006, 09:00 PM
That's a very cool idea. Please count me in!
~T~

snapdragen
09-23-2006, 06:52 AM
Could be fun, I always forget to mail my card.....:rolleyes:

Bikingmomof3
09-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Count me in! One can never have too many cards. :)

Xrayted
09-23-2006, 07:08 AM
I think it's a great idea! I'm in.

Python
09-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Good idea. Count me in.

nancielle
09-23-2006, 09:16 AM
I love the idea! I participated in, and for a couple of years organized, a card exchange on another board that I used to frequent. It's a lot of fun to get cards from all over and certainly more welcome than the pile of bills that manage to sneak into the holiday mail. :D

Popoki_Nui
09-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Nice idea! I'll join in too. :)

solobiker
09-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Count me in!! I just recently moved so it would be nice to get some mail without the yellow sticker from the post office saying "change of address":D

Bad JuJu
09-24-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm in--sounds like fun! As long as people don't mind getting a sappy photo of me, DH, and dear dog--that's our usual Christmas card.:rolleyes:

Bad JuJu
09-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Hmmm, on second thought, maybe this year, we'll include our bikes!

SJCzar
09-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Great idea. I'd love to be in on it.

Bikingmomof3
09-24-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm in--sounds like fun! As long as people don't mind getting a sappy photo of me, DH, and dear dog--that's our usual Christmas card.:rolleyes:

We usually do the family photo as well. I wish our cat would cooperate so she could be in the photo. You mentioned bikes. Now there is an idea. :D

btchance
09-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a good idea! Just let me know what to do, and I'll do it! Might even include a pic of me with my bike ;)

crazycanuck
10-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Hey there,

Company has left (:( ) and am now happy to make a list and check it twice to find out who's been naughty and nice! err...something like that?

Anywho, email your details to me (including email address)and i'll email a spreadsheet up of everyone's addresses/names that want to participate by the second week of November. I think the middle of nov is ok for early birds in the US/Canada/UK/NZ/Aust that want to beat the post office rush.

Would you ladies be ok about this replacing the December secret sister? Dunno about doing both....
Thanks
c

Aggie_Ama
10-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I think this is a great idea instead of December SS! Yesterday I was thinking "I will do November SS, but December is too hard of a month."

I will join in once we officially close on our house the beginning of November. I am superstitious that the house might get delayed if I try to give people it is as my address before we close!:p

crazycanuck
10-30-2006, 01:46 AM
bumpity bump

NOw that i have your attention, please don't forget to send me your name, address & email if you wish to participate.

Step away from the left over halloween candy and get your pens movin.

c

Aggie_Ama
10-31-2006, 09:09 AM
C- When is the cut off. I want to participate, but I am way superstitious about sending out my new address until we close on our house next Tuesday.:rolleyes: My November SS is getting my parents address, but I don't want 50+ Christmas cards flooding their mailbox!!

crazycanuck
10-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi there,

In answer to the cut off date, i'm going to set it at 20th November.(oh it's nov already..:eek: ) This will give you enough time to meet the postal service deadlines. Let me know if November 20th is too early or too late.

I'll update this later but:

HEre's the link from the USPS about sending cards overseas http://www.usps.com/communications/news/press/2006/pr06_063.htm

c

Aggie_Ama
11-01-2006, 10:55 AM
We close November 7, so even the 8th would work for me. I can't wait to get cards at my new home! :D

texascyclist
11-01-2006, 11:48 AM
I LOVE THIS IDEA!! You can count me in, too. Never can have too many cards. :D And if anyone chooses they can include a picture of themselves or with their family. What a great way to get to know other TE ladies. Great idea crazycanuck. ;)

iFKA
11-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I forgot to sign up for this month SS cause my computer was broken so I would really like to do this. :)
p.s.crazycanuck I wanted to send you postcards long time ago but you never send me your new address... did you long ago sent parcel arrived finally? :confused:

Toni
11-04-2006, 04:41 AM
Add me to the list.......thanks for organizing it!

Aggie_Ama
11-10-2006, 06:36 PM
**Bump** I am sending you a PM. :D

crazycanuck
11-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Ok kids,

YOu have exactly 5 days to get your names, snail mail addresses and email addresses to me to participate in the card exchange.

I will be sending the email on nov 20th.

This will replace the Dec SS plan if that's cool with you.

Thanks
c

Bikingmomof3
11-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Ok kids,

YOu have exactly 5 days to get your names, snail mail addresses and email addresses to me to participate in the card exchange.

I will be sending the email on nov 20th.

This will replace the Dec SS plan if that's cool with you.

Thanks
c

Do you have a rough idea of how many are participating?

sbctwin
11-14-2006, 05:24 AM
I sent my address to cc, but not sure if I need to do anything else. I have not participated in the ss before....but it sounds like so much fun:)

chickwhorips
11-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Do you have a rough idea of how many are participating?

ya how many cards do i need to find?

crazycanuck
11-14-2006, 01:41 PM
I can count....:D

There are 26 participants so far.

c

crazycanuck
11-18-2006, 07:07 PM
HI,

Just a last reminder: If you're still interested and haven't sent me your details you have one more day.

c

crazycanuck
11-20-2006, 02:39 AM
The list has been sent kids :)

It'll come from a bigpond email address.
c

jeannierides
11-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Thanks CC, for organizing all of this! I'm excited about the cards!:D I'll be out of town the rest of this week, but will start looking for cards to send!
I'll be visiting my Mom in S.C.... back black Friday.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!:D

Xrayted
11-20-2006, 05:27 AM
yeah, I got it CC. Thanks for all your hard work on this. Nice idea!

jeannierides
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Got my first card today! Thanks BikingMomof3! :D

Bikingmomof3
11-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Wow, that arrived quickly. :)

short cut sally
11-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Boy Bikingmomof3, got my first card of the holiday season. Are you that fast on your bike too? :D

Bikingmomof3
11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
I wish I was that fast. LOL

nancielle
11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Boy Bikingmomof3, got my first card of the holiday season. Are you that fast on your bike too? :D

I got mine yesterday. I was so psyched--first card of the season. :D

Xrayted
11-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks BMo3! Got my card yesterday. Very cute! I really needed the pickme up too. Perfect timing as always. (Helped keep me from going over the edge and quitting my job at one point last night.)

You are just the best, you know that?!! I still haven't started mine but I've got the stamps finally so that's something anyway. :D

Bikingmomof3
11-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Wow, the cards really are getting to everyone quickly. :)

snowtulip
11-30-2006, 02:55 PM
BMO3, thanks for the card! It's also my first card of the season, so it has a special spot all of it's own!

Bikingmomof3
11-30-2006, 04:24 PM
You are welcome. I am so glad the cards are beginning to reach everyone. :)

crazycanuck
12-01-2006, 01:42 PM
ARGHGHGHGH...

I'm so behind..I'm so behind..so behind.. (OI..Don't look at me behind..)

Oh dear it's DECEMBER 2nd :eek: & I've not sent my cards to anyone yet. My mom is going to kill me...I've not even sent pressies to my neices...oh dear..

CrazyC is seeking divine help as this is going to cost me a fortune...:eek:

I'll go and drive to bussleton now, forget it's dec 2nd and keep my fingers crossed that the post office folks will get my cards & packages to Canada & wherever else before new years.

bwah.pooey.

c

mtbdarby
12-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Get cracking CC! lol. I got all my international cards out yesterday and half the US ones. I should get the rest out by Monday - and that's a record for me!

jeannierides
12-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Ok, gals, all of my US cards are out & my international cards will go out Monday! I've begun receiving already too! (Thanks for the great stickers, Nancielle!):D

uk elephant
12-02-2006, 05:20 AM
Thank you BMo3! I received my card yesterday too! Came home feeling very tired and in a very grumbly mood. Getting the first christmas card of the season cheered me right up!

Now I need to get cracking on sending mine out....hopefully some time next week. Don't be too disappointed if it arrives a bit later than christmas....

Bikingmomof3
12-02-2006, 05:40 AM
yay, my cards are making it overseas. :) Glad I could help brighten your day! :)

nancielle
12-02-2006, 08:02 AM
All of my US cards went out the other day. Glad to see that they're arriving.
Hoping to get to the post office before they close today to get the international cards out.

Brandi
12-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Oh thank you to all who are sending me cards! I had a handful when I got home from working in Oregon the other day. I have to go work again in Vegas this week but plan on taking my cards to do so I will get mine out by the end of the week I hope! Thank you again for the wonderful cards.
I have a tradition in opening holiday cards too. I make a cup of tea in the afternoon after the mail has shown up, and sit and open them and reflect on them. I don't like to open them in a rush then get them on the shelf. I enjoy each and every one.

sbctwin
12-03-2006, 06:52 AM
I got my overseas cards mailed yesterday, just before my printer flaked out on me. I have to see what is going on with that before I finish my States cards, but I hope to have them out this week. THANK YOU to all who are so diligent in getting your cards in the mail so early. I so enjoy the ones I have already received. The first one that came in, I thought, who do I know in OH, and then it dawned on me, my TE card exchange....WHAT A LOVELY WAY TO EXPRESS THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT:) ....

Bikingmomof3
12-03-2006, 07:35 AM
I recieved my first 5 holiday cards yeaterday, all from TE. :D Thank you!!!

light_sabe_r
12-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I got my first card yesterday! Thanks bikingmomof3

uk elephant
12-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Yay! I just got two more cards today! This time from Cold Bay ( Thank you CWR) and from Merrill, WI (Thank you mtdarby). The christmas spirit is trickling in. I've been baking and decorating gingerbread cookies for the past couple of days too. It is almost Christmas!

My cards will go out by the end of the week. I ran out of cards and need to hit the shops again. Hopefully they will still reach you all before the holiday is over.

iFKA
12-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I received my greetings from Jenifer and Amber...
:D :D THANK YOU :D :D they are really nice
Tomorrow I'm sending 15 cards, is there someone of you who hasn't received any yet or you received only one.:confused: Let me know... I would like to be the one who will cheer you up :)

kerrybelle
12-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks to all who've sent me cards. I've enjoyed everyone of them and the stickers, too! All my cards went out earlier this week. Oh, but one came back, guess I missed a stamp on that one :o It will go in tomorrow's mail, luckily it's going to someone in the US.

Kerry

short cut sally
12-07-2006, 04:02 AM
I have received some cards from the TE gals, and I must say that I am enjoying this very much. I've even gotten a couple of neat stickers, temporary tattoos and a kling from "the girls". So thanks to you gals for those nice little extras. I look forward to the mail this time of the year, especially now that there are extra cards coming from all over, something nice to look for instead of just bills and junk mail. Thanks to everyone and happy holidays. shellyj

uk elephant
12-09-2006, 05:13 AM
More cards arriving every day it seems! I look forward to the mail now every day! All my cards went in the mail yesterday. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!! :D

sbctwin
12-09-2006, 05:37 AM
got my printer fixed and finished up my cards last night...off to the mail we go...thank you everyone...I have received many cards, and stickers too:) .

nancielle
12-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I look forward to the mail this time of the year, especially now that there are extra cards coming from all over, something nice to look for instead of just bills and junk mail.

I'm with you shellyj! So nice to have something to look forward to than the "greetings" from the utility companies. :D Thanks to all who've sent cards!

Popoki_Nui
12-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Finally got all my cards sent today! :o Sorry I'm so slow...don't know how I go so behind with this, but they're on their way.

Thanks for all the great cards! It's really neat getting cards from so many places.

~Sherry
(still trying to understand how it got to be December 9th so soon :rolleyes: )

btchance
12-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks to everyone who has sent me cards. I love them, and they're one decoration I can put up and not worry about my cat destroying it!! 1/2 of my cards will be in the mail tomorrow morning, other 1/2 at a later date (studying unfortunately has to be done - boo)

mtbdarby
12-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I have received some cards from the TE gals, and I must say that I am enjoying this very much. I've even gotten a couple of neat stickers, temporary tattoos and a kling from "the girls". So thanks to you gals for those nice little extras. I look forward to the mail this time of the year, especially now that there are extra cards coming from all over, something nice to look for instead of just bills and junk mail. Thanks to everyone and happy holidays. shellyj

I second this - Thanks so much everyone! My little guy and I check over each envelope to see where they came from and he helps me open them up and hang them around the house. So cool!

IFjane
12-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm so sorry I didn't get in on this earlier. For some reason, I never checked this thread until today :( .....oh well....hopefully I'll be more timely next year!

Bad JuJu
12-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Just got my cards in the mail today--thanks for being patient everyone! Enjoying the ones I've been getting--so much variety and fun!!!

iFKA
12-12-2006, 01:09 PM
words can't say enough, so here is the picture :D :D :D
and few words... girls, you're the best!!! :cool:

p.s. If anyone knows how to make a picture smaller ... I would appreciate the help

crazycanuck
12-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Just want to say thank you to all of you who've sent cards down my way.

Í bought some Australian themed cards & will send them in the next few days. They'll be after christmas cards...sorry kids.

I'll make it up by sending an e-card to all ya ladies..

c

jeannierides
12-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Add my thanks to the group! This has been great fun... loads of wonderful cards and kind words - even some surprises!
Thank you all! :D

Xrayted
12-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Well, I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this thread. I’ve received such beautiful cards from some wonderful people and I just wanted to say thank you.

So... thank you. :D

Getting and sending all of these cards has really perked me up this season. It seemed like I was receiving one or two everyday. I can't wait to do this again next year.

Happy Holidays everyone!!! Have a healthy and safe new year too. May you have many long, scenic miles ahead of you.

cindy

Bikingmomof3
12-23-2006, 04:17 PM
A huge thank you for all the Christmas cards. This has been a lot of fun and I hope we do thing again next year. :) I have enjoyed receiving cards from all over the world.

May everyone have a safe holiday!

Bad JuJu
12-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Just want to add my note of thanks to everyone--it's such fun opening the cards, after a glance at the return address, and finding out the sender's "real" name, that is, their TE name, the name I know them by. LOL

Such a fun idea! Huge thanks again to CrazyCanuck for organizing the First Annual Great TE Christmas Card Exchange! :D

bambu101
12-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I have to agree- this was a lot of fun, and I have really enjoyed getting cards from all over the world. Thnaks to CC for putting the whole thing together!

light_sabe_r
12-23-2006, 09:06 PM
I've also enjoyed all the cards I recieved this year and HOPE all mine got to where they needed to be.

Merry Christmas TE Ladies!

crazycanuck
12-23-2006, 09:31 PM
:o :o I sent my christmas cards on Friday....:o YOu'll get an after christmas card.....:o It's pretty normal for me....

Thanks again for the cool cards guys. :D

I'm happy to organize it next year..

c

Toni
12-24-2006, 04:22 AM
I just wanted to thank every one of you card sending TE'ers!!! I have enjoyed every single card I have received.

Thanks to crazycanuck for organizing it!

May each and every one of you have good health in the upcoming New Year!!

Stay safe,

Toni

short cut sally
12-24-2006, 06:00 AM
I know i've already replied to this thread earlier, but would still like to say thanks for the cards i've received and that i hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season and many many wonderful riding miles in the upcoming year. I am hoping, or should say, I am planning on participating in this exchange next year. It has been such a treat getting cards from all over and how a small thing such as a card can make the day so much nicer. I've found the perfect cards for next year, they're already packed away and awaiting all who so wish to participate also. They have little bicycles on them..(where were they when I was looking for cards to mail out this year?). Job well done Crazy Canuck for this exchange. Happy Holidays ladies..

nancielle
12-24-2006, 07:34 AM
I sent my christmas cards on Friday.... YOu'll get an after christmas card..... It's pretty normal for me....

Christmas is 12 days, with Dec. 25th being Day 1 so technically you're still on time. :D

Like others I wanted to add my thanks to crazycanuck for organizing the exchange. It was so much fun receiving cards from all over with assorted surprises in some of them. Sadly, I experienced one casualty...sorry Paige T, your card came back as "moved, no forwarding address.":(

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!

snowtulip
12-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Ditto for me, thanks everyone and crazycanuck! I'm hoping my cards found their way since we had an unusual snow storm around the same time I sent the cards. Have a safe and happy holiday!:p