PDA

View Full Version : So, how was the commute today?

Tater
09-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Mine wasn't too bad until I had an a$$clown tap my back tire with his bumper at a signal. This is the third incident I have had at this intersection, so I am taking a new route tomorrow morning as these close calls are getting on my nerves.

Fall is certainly right around the corner! It was forty degrees when I stepped out of the garage, but there was the definate tang of wood smoke on the breeze. I love that smell.

mimitabby
09-18-2006, 06:53 AM
I chickened out and didn't ride because it was so dark and rainy. A few more days of this and my hybrid will be set up in the basement for exercise purposes on the wind trainer. oh, the long dark winter nights of seattle!

gozlin7
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM
There I was riding along, trying to hurry and suddenly there was the sound of my rear fender rubbing against the tire. The rear rack had come undone! Someone :o, namely me, hadn't tightened up the fasteners or checked them after removing the rack and reinstalling it about a month ago. Some of the fasteners are lying on the road somewhere between home and work or if I'm really lucky they're on the floor of garage. Luckily I had one bungee cord in my trunk bag and was able to loop and hook it so that the rack was back in position. The whole adventure only added about 5 minutes to my commute.

Lesson learned: Periodically check the rack mounts for tightness.

CorsairMac
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
WAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA it was 47 when I left the house. I live in the desert southwest darn it - it's not Supposed to be this cold - Particularly in Sept!! I am Not pleased! lol but I got a new balaclava this weekend and some awesome lined PI AmFib shoe covers for $20 on clearance at REI, so I'm at least readyfor what looks like an early winter!! My only problem was my hinney got chilled (cross/tail/head winds).....but see my question in another post.

postiechic
09-19-2006, 10:39 AM
don't worry.....winter will be over in a blink :rolleyes:
in the meantime, we got summer peaking round the corner ;)

betagirl
09-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Cold. 43 when I got up. It may have been 50 when I left :) But I rode my new (old) Bianchi Pista in. I think I have the fixed gear down. It was pretty sweet.