PDA

View Full Version : You never know what's JUST ROUND THAT CORNER!

light_sabe_r
09-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Today I rode my bike 9km to the markets. I went for three reasons, Pizza bases, Olives and to meet up with my parents.

I'd ridden 9km back when I got to a little side street with a park entrance I've been meaning to look at since I moved here. So I hightailed it down there.

WELL!

I nearly got hit by a train! on the foothpath!!!

Let me explain. You know those little kiddie trains on wheels they have at festivals? Well. I'd stumbled upon Bowie's Flat wetland Festival.

The train driver gave me a smirk and the little kids waved as I followed them round the FLAT.

And it was beautiful. Who would've known this was less than 700m from my house!

It was like a pond with a boardwalk at the water's height, Ducks and woodhens EVERYWHERE.

The festival itself was pretty tame but I picked up a free bikeways map and RAW (Real Active Women) brocheres from the council stand.
I got home and dragged BF down so he could see it too!

So yeah. I just realised while I'm off cycling 20-30km to see the sites of the city, there's truely beautiful places just around that corner! I'll think I'll do some more back street exploring next weekend... I've got all the maps now to do it with . MWA HA HA HA

downhilldiva
09-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Sweet! That is really cool. It just goes to show it pays to be a bit adventurous and get off the beaten path. Good for you.

MomOnBike
09-19-2006, 08:04 AM
You just posted one of the top 10 reasons I ride a bike. You simply SEE more.