PDA

View Full Version : Colnago

Trekhawk
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
I love Colnago bikes but I must confess this one is not really my cup of tea but for all you flower and butterfly fans it might be yours.

So if you have a spare 11000 Euros (I think thats about 13000 US Dollars) and can afford a trip to Italy - go for it.:)

http://www.colnagonews.com/en/forever/index.php

PS - Dont forget to say Hi to Ernesto for me.:D

mimitabby
09-15-2006, 12:49 PM
out of my price range too, but it is very pretty.

Veronica
09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
I'd rather have a bicycle celebrating my relationship, not someone else's.

Yeah... that would be the tandem that's on order. We have pictures, but the builder has asked that we not make them public. It's gonna be really cool!

V.

PS I think the wheels and handlebars are overkill. :D

Trekhawk
09-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I'd rather have a bicycle celebrating my relationship, not someone else's.

Yeah... that would be the tandem that's on order. We have pictures, but the builder has asked that we not make them public. It's gonna be really cool!

V.

PS I think the wheels and handlebars are overkill. :D

I agee and its a bit too girly girly for me. I would like to visit Ernesto though.

bcipam
09-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Actually the frame is cool... just imagine it without those wheels!

DebW
09-15-2006, 01:15 PM
The butterflies on the wheels are going to get really dizzy.

emily_in_nc
09-15-2006, 04:45 PM
I like the frame but not the handlebars or wheels with it - overkill. And didja see how low the handlebars are vis-a-vis the saddle? Ouch!! :eek:

Emily

Bad JuJu
09-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I kinda like the frame itself too. Imagine it with a black handlebar and plain wheels, maybe a black fork, too. I'm not much for girly-girl stuff either, but I do like the green foliage and butterflies--they're so beautifully painted--it's just way too much with them on the bars and wheels and the fork.

Doesn't matter though--I'm a few Euros short of the asking price.:rolleyes:

maillotpois
09-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I'd feel a little like the Walt Disney Snow White riding that. Like birds were going to come land on my hand and we'd sing to one another.

Aggie_Ama
09-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Girly is for me! I think it is beautiful. The wheels and handlebars are a bit of overkill, but the frame is gorgeous. I am guessing this is the type of bike one would collect, not ride? Having the bike fitted by Ernesto Colnago would be worth the price. :cool:

alpinerabbit
09-16-2006, 12:29 AM
I'd prefer the CLX but ouch. 5000$.

http://www.colnagonews.com/en/catalogo2007/clx.php

AND it's the only one to make in Taiwan to make it cheaper??!!

massbikebabe
09-16-2006, 09:22 AM
DH is die hard Colnago man and has met Ernesto at a NY bike show. Rides a master lite right now. Don't know how he would take to this one. I like the one with sunflowers.

karen
a commited Trek/Terry rider and hopefully one day a Seven

roguedog
09-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Ok.. not really into girly girl...

bleh.. this bike looks like its rider got a really bad case of Montezuma's revenge (both ends) after eating a buffet of Italian country style vases.

Is their version of "WSD"? Sorry.. old saw. I hate when they make things more fitted to women by just throwing in "cute" colors. We do not all like pink or purple and flowery things...

Having gotten that off my chest, the bike shop I bought my little ole bike from sold Colnagos and Merlins. Beautiful bikes in person. THe paintjobs are just amzaing and I was really jonesing for the Merlin with the really gorgeous lugs. I feel like you should just frame these guys and not ride em.

In fact a guy came in looking for a Bianchi Luna ending up buying Colnago President with the beautiful sunflower landscape. Nice to be able to throw down that type of cash. YIKES.

xeney
09-17-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't think this bike is intended to be a women's specific bike, it is intended to be art. My husband pointed out that the braking surfaces had been painted -- that is not a bike that is meant to be ridden at all! You just pay your $13,000, put it in your living room, and look at it.

I hope it doesn't come with those Flash butterflies fluttering all over the place, because that would be creepy. But I do think the handlebars are amazing.

Trekhawk
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I'd feel a little like the Walt Disney Snow White riding that. Like birds were going to come land on my hand and we'd sing to one another.

LOL - I can see you now MP riding the Brevet series and singing at the same time to birdies perched on the handlebars. :D :D

Even if I did have the money to add another Colnago to my collection of one this would not be my choice. Now the Leonardo President is a different story.

Morphine
10-19-2006, 06:06 PM

LOL.... exact sentiments ;)