PDA

View Full Version : Sept 15th Rides

CorsairMac
09-15-2006, 07:17 AM
I decided to post this here because it was my ride for today but it was also my commute.

So - taking off from a stoplight and "pop" pssssssssssssttttttttttttt FLAT! *#&$it..........pulled off to the sidewalk and started pulling the front tire. (thank goodness it was the front, that back is always messy to pull! lol) Thank the lords of Kobol for my really bad experience with 3 tires and 6 tubes which taught me to pull the tube very carefully in order to locate where the problem occurred. Found a slice in my front tire - way down low, right by the rim. Must've come from the minivan that crowded me in a turn yesterday forcing me into some really nasty glass. Cleaned the tires after that experience but guess some of it must've sliced the sidewall. Thanked - again - all the wonderful ladies here that taught me about a boot and to always carry one!! So..........booted the tire, put in the new tube, got to try my new Wrench Forge small frame pump which was AWESOME and finished my ride to work. Course I don't really like riding on booted tires - always makes me a little leery, and now I"m don't have any spare tubes til I get back home but........at least I can Get back home tonight.

Thanks again ladies for the simple but twice life-saving piece of advice about boots!

Cassandra_Cain
09-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Oh wow - sorry to hear about you getting a flat on the way in this morning. Where exactly did you notice the flat? Somewhere on comanche I'm guessing?

Ha....the boot does the trick right? Cool, I haven't forgotten this little tip and always carry some money with me, just in case. Neat about the pump, i think it is really cool how it is spring/pressure loaded - nice and clean, keeping clutter on the bike frame to a minimum.

If you need or want a ride home because of the spare just let me know. I keep a bike rack in my trunk at all times :)

CorsairMac
09-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Comanche and Lousiana - coz you know - you Never want to get a flat in some quiet out-of-the-way place......it's Much more fun to get one on a very busy street right at a stoplight so Everybody and their brother can watch you change a tire! lol

and thanks for the offer: I'll be fine riding home - I just don't Like to ride without a spare and I don't like riding on a boot. I always carry the cardboard from the box the tube comes in for my boots.

mtbdarby
09-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm curious - what's a boot????