PDA

View Full Version : OT: AT Day Hikes in Berkshires

DebW
09-14-2006, 04:57 AM
Since there seem to be lots of bikers who also hike, thought some here might be interested. The Massachusetts Appalachian Trail Management Committee is hosting a series of day hikes on October 7, 2006. There are 14 hikes to choose from, ranging in length from 4 to 10 miles, which together cover all 90 miles of the Massachusetts Appalachian Trail in one day. I'm leading hike #5. The hikes will be followed by a cookout in Tyringham from 4:00 to 6:30 pm. For more info, see the AMC-Berkshire web site http:www.amcberkshire.org/at or the attachment below.

jobob
09-14-2006, 05:39 AM
How cool, I grew up in that area. Great time of year to be out there.

Part of the Ashuwillticook trail is dedicated to my nephew (Dan Petithory).

DebW
10-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Bumping this up. AT Day is this Saturday, so any of you New Englanders with nothing else to do Saturday, come out and hike. The foliage is spectacular and the weather looks good.

Deb

tygab
10-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Bumping this up. AT Day is this Saturday, so any of you New Englanders with nothing else to do Saturday, come out and hike. The foliage is spectacular and the weather looks good.
Deb

Yeah, this weekend is looking stellar! I am hoping to get in some hiking or kayaking on Saturday. I hope you have a great hike Deb.

Jobob, I'm very sorry for your loss, I remembered actually hearing his name and that the trail was named for him. Glad that I could be reminded of his story this way, and many others also.