PDA

View Full Version : Numbness...

L7bb
09-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I did look and didn't see this issue. Would numbness in the genital area be caused to the seat, pants, sitting position or a combination of both? After a long ride, I'm numb as heck - although it goes away after awhile.

CyclChyk
09-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Yes, yes, and yes.

My suggestion - take your bike to your LBS and have them fit it to your specs. They can also give you lots of suggestions for pinpointing and aleviating the problem.

mimitabby
09-13-2006, 02:57 PM
if you are actually numb that means your position on the saddle is pinching a nerve.
go to your LBS like the last gal said, and after they are certain that it isn't your posture/setup, go to the saddle forum and read up on saddles.
we have lots of recommendations.

mimi

L7bb
09-13-2006, 03:11 PM
I will follow your advice!

eclectic
09-17-2006, 03:01 PM
my numbness wasn't caused by the saddle but by the reach to the stem thus causing me to lean too far forward, thus putting too much pressure on certain areas, including my shoulders, hands and wrists, swapped out the stem, moved the saddle forward a couple of cm and all problems solved.

Definately go in for a fit but make sure they look beyond just the saddle

CyclChyk
09-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah!! I'm glad your LBS was able to take care of your problem. Have fun riding!!