PDA

View Full Version : Lotoja

downhilldiva
09-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Holy cow! I did it! 206 miles from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole WY. It took me 12:27. I was very happy with my results. I met my two goals of first finishing in the light and second of not crying! (Although I did choke up a bit as I crossed the finish line and could hear my family cheering for me.)

Somehow they put me in a men's category instead of in the women's. But out of the 50 men in my race pack I took 13th. Not bad for a girlie girl!!!:) :)

roshelleuop
09-12-2006, 06:36 AM
Downhilldiva,

Congratulations!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!! And you are right, hearing your fan club cheering you into the finish line is quite an emotional feeling!!!! :D :D :D

Way to go girl!!!!!

Roshelle from Milwaukee

Lise
09-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Congratulations! I love your two goals. :D Wow. 200 miles in one day. You and Yellow and all the others have my utmost respect.

AuntieK
09-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah, downhilldiva! Great job! You must be so proud to have done the whole thing, and with such a great time!

What I found most amazing about my LOTOJA experience was:

1) The scenery was amazingly beautiful,

2) How friendly everyone was. I even had one guy (the first one to pass me, BTW ;) ) pull in front of me on the Geneva Summit climb, turn to me, and ask me if the pace he was pulling was ok. Some of you might have been offended, but I thought it was sweet; plus he helped me get up that hill 2 mph faster than I was doing on my own.

3) Oh, can't forget! Yellow, I rode for awhile with the guy you did the last 30 miles of DD with. I told you that you were famous!

4) How giddy I've been for days now. I expect the endorphins will wear off soon, won't they? :(

My team of three women came in with a time of 11:31. It would have been better, but we weren't ready when one of our riders came in. We were expecting her to come in in about another half hour, so the next rider was still not dressed and ready. So we lost probably 5-10 min, but we still had a total blast!

Trekhawk
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Holy cow! I did it! 206 miles from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole WY. It took me 12:27. I was very happy with my results. I met my two goals of first finishing in the light and second of not crying! (Although I did choke up a bit as I crossed the finish line and could hear my family cheering for me.)

Somehow they put me in a men's category instead of in the women's. But out of the 50 men in my race pack I took 13th. Not bad for a girlie girl!!!:) :)

WOW - congratulations on your ride.:)

KSH
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM
WOW! What a great job you did! I can't even IMAGINE riding 200 miles in 12 hours.

Geonz
09-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Go, girlygirl, GO!!!

SadieKate
09-14-2006, 12:57 PM
My team of three women came in with a time of 11:31. It would have been better, but we weren't ready when one of our riders came in. We were expecting her to come in in about another half hour, so the next rider was still not dressed and ready. So we lost probably 5-10 min, but we still had a total blast!You can do this as a relay? I think you had to the fun way to do it!

AuntieK
09-14-2006, 03:28 PM
I think you had to the fun way to do it!

Oh, yeah! Group of girls on a roadtrip, fresh legs every 50 or so miles, and I can still say I did LOTOJA--it was a BLAST!

NJBikeGal
09-15-2006, 08:30 AM
Congrats to you for doing that ride! I did it as part of a relay team a few years ago and it was a fantastic experience! Ever since, I have been trying to get up the nerve to do the whole thing myself, which is saying something since I live on the east coast and we have no mountains to train on! Maybe that is something to shoot for for next year! Congrats again!

Tater
09-15-2006, 09:07 AM
I'd do it as a part of a team!

AuntieK
09-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Patience, Tater! There's a whole twelve months before the next LOTOJA! :D
Still, I'd be happy to have you on my team for next year! :)

Tater
09-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Sounds like we'd need the year to get ready!

RoadRaven
09-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Go Go Go Diva!!!

Awesome, particularly when packed in with a bunch of men!

Congrats - a good finish!

downhilldiva
09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Auntie K. I'm totally up for doing it relay style next year. Part of me wants to do the whole shebang again but I had to do 14 centuries to get ready for it. Talk about having no life. A relay would be a bit more reasonable. We'll see how I feel after Christmas.