PDA

View Full Version : Allergies suck

rocknrollgirl
09-12-2006, 05:15 AM
Sorry just had to say it...........

Ruth:(

Aggie_Ama
09-12-2006, 06:08 AM
You are not lying! :mad: I can't even wear my contacts right now because my eyes are so dry. No amount of drops are helping and I don't like them being suctioned to my eye. Other than my eyes, I am feeling good thanks to Allegra and Flonase.

eclectic
09-12-2006, 01:26 PM
1,000 votes in agreement - no make that a million - no make it a billion

$100 per month after insurance just to breathe

think of what I could do with $1200 per year, $2400 after 2 years - $3600 after 3 years - now that would be one sweet bike !

Oh well - cough, cough, achooooo!

Aggie_Ama
09-13-2006, 04:42 AM
1,000 votes in agreement - no make that a million - no make it a billion

$100 per month after insurance just to breathe

think of what I could do with $1200 per year, $2400 after 2 years - $3600 after 3 years - now that would be one sweet bike !

Oh well - cough, cough, achooooo!

Yup, insurance can suck too! Last year I had to wait three weeks for approval on my Allegra-D prescription. My insurance wanted me to try Claritin before they would approve the presciption. I HAD tried Claritin because OTC is so much easier than needing a RX. I was fortunate my doctor gave me a supply of samples until she could convince my insurance I needed the presciption.

It is $45 a month for my allergy medicine. Luckily, I can get away with only taking it a few times a year (now) and don't need it every month.

Hub
09-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Amen on the allergies suck, I could be more colorful, but this is a PG forum.

That's funny about the Allegra, because MY insurance wanted me to take that instead of Zyrtec. Zytec is $50 a month- and that way I can breathe, most of the time and not have asthma attacks- most of the time . . .
Sorry about the dry eyes too- I guess we're just
oppposites- cause my eyes just water constantly.

sandy45
09-14-2006, 08:27 PM
yup i hear ya...i take Zyrtec D and still get asthma attacks and allergy attacks and headaches...but it cost $20 a shot at 2 shots a visit and 2 visits a week...that is $80 a week that insurance does NOT cover!! i am a college student! i cant afford that....so i just carry my inhaler and tylenol allergy or advil cold and sinus everywhere...oh and tissues!

Allergies suck esp when you love to MTB

triflor
09-15-2006, 07:43 AM
A few years back I got allergy shots in June, one a week for four weeks. Insurance covered it, and I had no allergies the rest of the summer. And, the next summer they weren't as bad. I can't remember the name of the drug though. Initially the swelling in the arm where I got the shot wasn't fun, but the long term relief was beyond worth while. I'm definately going to look into next year.