PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Newbie nervous about husbands redo of my bike.......

Steph
09-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Hi, we have been riding for about a month and I had a Diamondback Sorrento and Raleigh M20. My husband decided to take them both apart and put the best of both together. I have been having serious issues with the break levers and shifters on the Diamondback. I don't even ride the Raleigh because the shocks are shot. I have wrecked the last three rides because the levers are to hard to grip. Anyway, he is not a bike mechanic and as much as I know he would do his best to make sure he did it right, I have some reservations about flying down a trail over rocks and limbs on this bike. I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I am thinking maybe I should run it by the bike shop to get it looked over. What would be a ball park range to have that done?

madisongrrl
09-12-2006, 06:21 AM
Take the bike in and have the breaks looked at. Breaks are not something to mess around with. I've seen tune ups range from $50 on up. If your LBS is only looking at your breaks, then it might be less than that.

mimitabby
09-12-2006, 06:27 AM
and sometimes they dink with it for a moment and don't charge you anything!

sandy45
09-12-2006, 09:53 AM
where are you at steph? like what state/city. my husband does that with bikes also, but he use to work at LBS. but i just take it there sometimes to have it double checked. it isnt expensive.

sandy

Steph
09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Cool. We are in the Chattanooga, TN area.

sandy45
09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I use to live in Murfreesboro...great places to ride out there! I miss it sooooo much

Steph
09-13-2006, 04:54 AM
I use to live in Murfreesboro...great places to ride out there!I have a brother that lives in Murfreesboro. He loves it there. Where were your favorite places to ride out there? We haven't ventured out yet and would love to find some great new trails.

SouthernBelle
09-13-2006, 05:55 AM
I live in Lebanon, about 30 miles N of Murfreesboro!

littlegrasshopp
09-13-2006, 06:33 AM
I could use some great places to ride in that area too. My brother just moved to Lebenon and we like to take the bike visiting. He's not a rider, it's just too sad to go to mountains and leave the poor mountain bikes at home :)

sandy45
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
oh man...its been like 5 years since then...hmmm...let me think and see if i can remember anything. where is he at in murfreesboro?

sandy

Steph
09-14-2006, 08:02 AM
where is he at in murfreesboro?
My brother lives not far from what used to be the second exit. I think they've done some roadwork though and so I couldn't tell you exactly.

sandy45
09-14-2006, 07:54 PM
do you know what high school? i went to riverdale and lived down the street. so i am most familiar with that area, but i know some of oakland