PDA

View Full Version : Running late!

light_sabe_r
09-11-2006, 04:31 PM
What a difference running late makes to your commute!

My average speed went from 13-14kph for my trip to 20kph this morning! Highest speed was 52kph!

But the best achievement was getting up those bloody hills above 12kph! My main goal on my commute is to stay above 10kph going up hills... to go 12 was just SHOCKING.

Anyway, Cut 7 minutes off my travelling time and felt GREAT when I got to work. Out of breath but GREAT! Endorphin rush etc etc...

Was still late though. he he he.

Geonz
09-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Know what you mean!!!

It's funny, you end up arriving *much* less stressed than if you were running late in the stupid mobile.

Lise
09-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Whoa, yeah. I can really burn it when I'm running late. But then I'm sitting there with a patient, in my nice work clothes, with a nice lab coat on...feeling the sweat running down my back! :p

betagirl
09-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Oh yeah, was there last Friday. Left 10 minutes late and had to haul into class. My problem is when I run late I get reckless and run lights and such. I do still slow down, look, etc. But that day I about got run over by a bus :D

KnottedYet
09-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Yeah, running late speeds me right up! Then I get to work all happy because I did the commute in record time (and in the big chainring the whole way) which, like you said, is much more fun than running late in the car!